WHAT GIVES YOU HOPE?

this site was created to stimulate conversation about hope. you may have found a polaroid with this website on the back, or happened upon it through the internet abyss. no matter. you are here. so please leave a comment and answer this: what gives you hope?

(to respond, click on "# comments" under the set of photos where you found the polaroid (or any entry) and share what gives you hope.)

17 October 2008

chicago

a friend and i hitch hiked from grand rapids to chicago earlier this week, giving each of our 7 rides a polaroid on the way, and one to our friends who gave us a place to rest our heads. once in the city, i posted these:







2 comments:

  1. Today I found one of your polaroids. I was really excited that somebody had taped a polaroid to a news paper stand and had written "take me" on it. On the backside there is a small declaration but a question is asked, "What gives you hope?"

    Well this art gives me hope. The fact that some people, in some place, are still motivated to create and love is enough to give me hope for something, although I'm not sure what.

    Just wanting to love and enjoy life is really enough hope to get me through the day to day, I suppose. Great friends and great people help me get through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add:

    I found the polaroid in Grand Rapids, near Cherry Deli, while walking home from a delicious breakfast at Gaia.

    ReplyDelete